Online Counseling Continuing Ed @BTS
Welcome to Continuing Education training for counselors, therapists, and ministry leaders. Please feel free to review the videos below free of charge.
Interested in attending fully accredited classes in our Graduate School of Counseling? Click here for more information regarding courses that we offer.
Would you like NBCC approved CE credits?
Biblical Seminary, Graduate School of Counseling, has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #4562). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Biblical Seminary, Graduate School of Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Each video series below can be viewed and if the following steps are completed, you may receive CE NBCC approved credits. The steps to apply for CE credits are as follows:
- Click on the button to the right of the video you want to watch.
- Fill out the application form and pay for your credits.
- Watch the video and answer at least 7 out of 10 questions correctly on a short quiz.
- Complete a short survey.
Once your information and test results are verified, your CE Certificate will be emailed to you.
If you would like to be notified as soon as new training videos are posted please send an email to Bonnie Steich.
NBCC Approved Courses
Biblical Seminary, Graduate School of Counseling, has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #4562). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Biblical Seminary, Graduate School of Counseling is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Click here to view how obtain CE Credits
Narcissism and the System it Breeds
Instructor: Dr. Diane Langberg
Other Videos in the Series
To complete the entire series please watch the remaining four videos as well.
Abstract: Dr. Langberg, clinical faculty with Biblical Seminary and GTRI, lectures on the characteristics of narcissistic leaders and the temptations for organizational systems to support them. Those who complete this five-part video (worth 1.5 CE credits) will be able to:
- Identify common features of narcissistic leaders and organizations
- Examine individual and system vulnerabilities to toxic leadership
- Summarize best practices for therapy with narcissistic individuals
- Compare leadership style of Jesus Christ and egocentric and demanding church leaders
Understanding and Responding to Dissociation
Instructor: Dr. Diane Langberg
Abstract: In this two-part video (worth 1.5 CE credits), Dr. Langberg, clinical faculty with Biblical Seminary and GTRI, examines the experience of dissociation, the process of “leaving” the present, and provides 10 principles for working with clients diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder. Those who complete the video training will be able to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of dissociation
- Help others recognize and stop reliving past traumatic experiences
- Recognize diagnostic features of Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Explore 10 principles and cautions for those working with DID clients
Making the Church a Safe Place
Instructor: Dr. Phil Monroe
Abstract: In this two-part video training (worth 2 CE credits), Dr. Monroe, Professor of Counseling and Psychology at BTS, will explore how faith communities can unintentionally create additional distress for those with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Those who complete the video training will be able to:
- Identify common struggles of trauma survivors in faith communities
- Understand the impact of trauma on brain functioning and interpersonal relationships
- Recognize the tendency to over-spiritualize invisible wounds
- Identify leader, lay, and counselor interventions to improve the church experience of those suffering from PTSD
READY TO START YOUR JOURNEY?
Whether you are looking for more information regarding a program, scheduling a visit, starting the application process, or just wanting to talk to someone about your dreams, our admissions department is always available to assist you and answer any question that you might have.
Meet Our Faculty
Our faculty are known for their dedication to teaching and their desire to fully serve the Lord. Their teaching styles are highly interactive and reflect a high degree of scholarship and practical experience in ministry.